Monday, October 1, 2012

BOOK CONTRACT!

It finally happened! When I returned Sept. 23rd from the American Christian Fiction Writers (ACFW) Conference in Dallas, I had a BOOK CONTRACT waiting in my email for Show Me a Sign, my young adult novel! Woo-hoo! For years I have ached for this moment, and you know what? It was just as good as I imagined! Now I can’t wait to hold that book in my hands…but wait I must. There is more work to be done…once I stop dancing.
 
Many thanks to Ramona Tucker of Oak Tara for taking my story and making a dream come true. I met Ramona last February at an ACFW chapter meeting, where she was the guest speaker. I seized the day by talking with her before and after the meeting, and she asked me to send her my manuscript.

Many thanks also to Patti Lacy, who entered my life as a friend and became a mentor and inspiration. And to Lynda Schab, who began as a critique partner and became a friend. To my family, who believed in me even when I didn’t, and mostly…

To my Savior, who loves me…despite everything.

THE BOOK: In Show Me a Sign, seventeen-year-old Nathan Boliva is under investigation by the FBI for a kidnapping he didn’t commit, but is desperate to solve. The victim, deaf and beautiful Haylie Summers, had just agreed to go on a date with him days before her disappearance. When the FBI finds evidence in Nathan’s backpack, they consider him a prime suspect. Determined to rescue Haylie, Nathan follows clues that soon have him staring down the barrel of the kidnapper’s gun. Plenty of drama mixed with bits of humor fill this action-packed story, which is told from Nathan’s and Haylie’s points of view.

I don’t have a release date yet, though I believe it will be sometime next year. I’ll keep you all posted. In the meantime, this announcement serves as the restart of my blog, which took a summer hiatus.

Now, for some unfinished business...

Congratulations to Karen Robbins who won The Four Ingredient Cookbook by commenting on my last post.

2 comments:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS!!! Not that I'm surprised. You are such a wonderful writer and it was only a matter of time. SO thrilled for you! This is only the beginning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this picture. The first of many successes - congratulations!

    ReplyDelete