Thursday, July 7, 2011

Midwest Flower Power

The Midwest may not have Hawaii’s orchids or Holland’s famous tulip fields, but in my backyard, everything’s coming up daisies…and lilies! I bought these “Crazy Daisies” from a flower catalog a few years back and they are the hardiest and most prolific flowers I’ve ever grown. Just thought I’d share them with all of you.

The flower pots on my deck are having a banner year as well, with a colorful variety of flora chosen by my daughter and me in the spring. Looking at them makes me smile. I hope they bring you a smile as well.

Thank you to all who read and/or commented on my interview with Lynda Schab. The winner of the cookbook drawing from the previous post is:
JILL KEMERER!

Congratulations, Jill. You won Sensational Vegetable Recipes - a step-by-step cookbook full of beautiful food photos!

I'll be heading off to the Wisconsin Dells soon for the annual mother/daughter/sister getaway, and will post another little taste of the world late next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment